Monday 16 May 2016

The Body Confidence Series - Week 12


Hi Everyone! Welcome back to The Body Confidence Series. How amazing has the weather been over this past week. I don't know about you but this really makes me want to work harder to be healthier and to push myself more in order to reach my goals. I know when the weather is so warm and beautiful going to the gym may be the last thing on your minds. I know last week I was so tempted to skip my workouts and go on an ice cream date instead. This got my thinking though about how much my diet and mindset change once the summer months start. In the winter we crave carbs to give us energy and to keep us warm. Of course there is nothing wrong with that but I think in the summer we can be that bit more adventurous with our meals and focus more on fruits and salads. I know I for one find it so much easier to have a juice for breakfast when its sunny outside rather than getting something that's not good for me. So for today's post I thought it might be nice to share some tips on how I get ready for summer and how to stay motivated. 



1. Start your day right.

Waking up as early as you can knowing you have the entire day ahead of you to achieve anything you want is so empowering. Make sure to go to bed early so you can rise early. You will be so much for more productive this way. In the summer it is amazing waking up to bright sunny mornings it really adds that extra bit of excitement to what could happen that day. 

2. Make lists.

Making lists is a really good way to stay motivated. Make a list of goals you want to achieve today, what you need to do work wise, what you want to get done in the gym and also schedule in some you time. Taking breaks is just as important as getting things done in order to live a healthy lifestyle. 

3. Hydration and nutrition. 

In the summer we can have a lot more fun with out diet. Increasing your water intake from 2 liters a day to about 3 and a half will make such a difference to you overall health in general. In the warmer months I feel like I get dehydrated really easily. I get super hot, feel dizzy and sometimes ill but as soon as I increase my water intake this all changes. For my diet I completely strip back. I make sure to focus more on fruits and vegetables. I like eating a lot of salads, smoothies and juices. At the moment I'm loving having a table spoon of some greek style yogurt with loads of fruits and berries. This is the perfect snack for any time of the day. 

4. Adapt your workouts.

In the summer it obviously gets warmer. So this is the perfect excuse to move your workouts outdoors, maybe its in your garden, the park or even the beach if you are lucky enough to life near one. It is so refreshing. Getting outside first thing in the morning will make such a positive change to your day. 

5. Take breaks. 

You are aloud to take breaks. So don't beat yourself up about it. Fitness is supposed to be fun and enjoyed. Its not healthy feeling like you are locked into a certain lifestyle so taking a break can be so beneficial to your entire well being. Take the day off, have a cheat meal, go for a weekend away. I promise you, you will be craving getting back to your healthy lifestyle once your back. 

Would you have ever guessed that my last tip about staying motivated was to take a break? Haha! Living a healthy free lifestyle is all about balance and if you're not enjoying yourself along the way there's no point doing it. You are only hindering your own happiness. Find a sport or a class that you enjoy and give it everything you got! I don't feel like I have do go to the gym every day or always live a healthy lifestyle. I  do it because it makes me feel good and it makes me happy. 

I would love to hear your tips for staying healthy and motivated in the summer, I could do with all the help I could get! 

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig