Thursday 5 February 2015

The Beauty Department: Dior Skin Star foundation review!!

DIOR Skin Star foundation review!!



Hi Beauties!

I hope you are all having a good week, it's nearly the weekend and I am so excited. I have a very busy weekend ahead. On Friday evening I am getting my spray tan done, I have decided to go with the amazing Cocoa Brown spray because I absolutely love it. The colour is fab, its a toffee like bronze colour which I love. I am getting my tan done by Anne-Marie who is the owner of The Beauty Boutique and Mink Lashes Castlebar. There is more to come about Anne-Marie and her 5* businesses so watch this space! ;) On Friday night I am meeting up with some friends who I haven't seen since Christmas, we are going to have a cosy night in and plan our trip to London - I can't wait! On Saturday I am working all day and am fully booked up! :) And then on Sunday I will be attending my very first blogging event - Into The West Blogger Network #itwbn at the one and only Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. I am really looking forward to this event as I have never been to a blogger event before and I can't wait to meet other bloggers! 

Anyway moving on to my DIORSKIN STAR foundation review. I treated myself to this foundation just after Christmas, I first saw it advertised in Vogue when it first came out and I thought it looked gorgeous and thought I must try it, I then saw in Elle that it was listed as one of the best foundations on the market today so I decided I had to get it, so off I went to Brown Thomas in Galway to purchase it. The girls at the Dior stand were very busy helping other customers but they were very helpful and did not rush anyone. I spoke to one of the girls about the different shades the foundation came in and found out all the information I could so that I would know if the foundation would suit me or not. I decided to go with light beige number 020 as this was the closes shade to my own skin tone which wasn't to light as I prefer warmer shades. 

The foundation is know as the #selfie foundation and I can completely see why...





First of all the packaging is so gorgeous, its not the type of foundation that you can put in a make up bag and carry it around in your purse. Its the type of packaging you would proudly display on your dressing table. Its very luxurious looking. The bottle has a pump action which means that it is very hygienic as no bacteria can get in. You will need to shake the bottle well before use and I use three pumps to cover my entire face. The foundation itself has the beautiful Dior fragrance which I love. 

The foundation is very easy to blend, and is weightless. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. This foundation was made using illuminating techniques. I love this because I have dry skin and am not fond of very matte foundations. I love a good dewy glow which this foundation gives you as it has brightening properties. This foundation has SPF 30+ and it is long wearing. Diorskin Star foundation looks absolutely beautiful in pictures as the colour does not fade and it looks super natural and glowy with flawless coverage. 




Overall I love this foundation, it gives a very good coverage, I don't feel the need to use concealer with it as it hides any dark circles or blemishes. Its light weight and dewy. It gives you flawless coverage and you don't feel like your caked in make up, saying that I don't think that this foundation will suit people with oily skin as they might find that they look too shiny. But if you're like me who loves a natural looking dewy skin you will love this foundation. It is on the pricier side of 48Eur but it lasts ages and is definitely worth the investment. You can purchase the foundation from Brown Thomas here

 http://www.brownthomas.com/foundation/dior-skin-star-foundation/invt/78x2095xf077885010


Thanks for reading Beauties I hope you enjoyed, and if any of you have tried this foundation before or are inspired to try it now, please let me know on, twitter, instagram, facebook or by leaving a comment below! 

Thank you again! 

Kerrie Anne  

Bella and Vogue x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig